Great picture and slogan from the Zen Temple „Eiheiji“ campaign
We had a 30 minutes layover at the Fukuoka airport to take the connecting flight to Ishigaki – more than enough for a quick slurp of Yasuko’s favorite ramen style, tonkotsu. And as we are at an airport, the usual food service efficiency needs, bien évidemment , to be cranked up a notch or two.
It took precisely 4 minutes from “Yes I do” (want ramen) to the first slurp.
Just respectfully …
- chose your version of ramen and pay for the voucher at the vending machine
- move to your own private ramen booth
- shout “sumimasen” (excuse me) to get the waiters attention
- hand over the voucher with some extra instructions (for those in the know)
- wait 2.5 minutes until that steaming bowl flies to you
And now, ladies and gentlemen, close your eyes, lower your heartbeat (oooohm), ignore any funny noises around you, overclock your taste buds and follow the second instruction on the ramen manual sticker on your left which reads: “Focus on Taste” 🇯🇵🍜